Transport is at the centre of Europe’s quest for energy independence since it is one of the sectors most reliant on fossil fuels. Clean and renewable electrification is today the fastest way to accelerate transport’s decarbonisation and reach energy independence.
Yet, today, critical minerals and metals, low clean power generation, grid resiliency, EV infrastructure, consumer acceptance and skilled labour are holding back the transition. These six dependencies raise six key challenges for the EV revolution:
- Ensure access to increasingly expensive critical minerals and earth metals?
- Boost clean power generation to ensure power sector decarbonisation?
- Enhance grid management and cross-sectoral cooperation to integrate new EVs electricity demand while stabilising the power grid?
- Support a more evenly distributed charging infrastructure to guarantee hassle-free cross-border travel across Europe?
- Foster consumer acceptance of electric vehicles?
- Address workforce shortages and upskilling needs?
This year, Eurelectric has partnered with EY to analyse these dependencies and identify critical solutions.
6 dependencies, 6 solutions: join us at EVision – the Eurelectric’s hub gathering each year e-mobility pioneers and key stakeholders from the power sector across Europe to find out more!