Keeping people connected to an ever increasing smarter world is a challenge for utilities. Iberdrola is at the forefront of the deployment of smart grids and customer solutions, which improve quality of service, enable new products and services and enhance customer choice. By embracing this challenge, the company is ensuring that the 100 million people it serves across the world can make the most of the digital revolution.
Iberdrola is at the forefront of the deployment of smart grids and customer solutions, which enhance quality of service, enable new products and services and boost customer choice. Smart grids are a key enabler for smart cities, which will unlock many benefits for customers. In Spain alone the company already has 270,000 km of smart grids and close to 11 million smart meters installed.
In terms of benefits for customers, Iberdrola is already developing pioneering smart products and services for its 16 million retail customers in Spain, the UK, Italy, Portugal and France.
“We have developed the Smart Mobility Plan at Iberdrola that offers an integral solution including the installation and management of charging infrastructure, and a personalised contract for clean energy supply. Through this solution, Iberdrola plans to install 25,000 charging points in Spain by 2021 for both residential customers and businesses wishing to offer this service to their employees or for their own fleets. The Smart Mobility Plan includes public charging for any users through the installation of fast charging stations in the main roads every less than 100 km.”
Raquel Blanco, Director of Smart Solutions at Iberdrola
- Smart Home is a family of products that allows customers to manage and control their energy use at home.
- Smart Thermostat offers greater control over managing heating at home. Using an app, customers can remotely control and program their boiler settings, as well as being able to regulate the temperature.
- Smart Lighting allows customers to remotely set the lighting in their home. Smart lamps have been designed to adjust lighting intensity, set the operating times and even switch lights on and off via a smartphone device.
- Consumption Monitor lets customers see how much energy the different household appliances are consuming in real time, which encourages greater awareness and control and an efficient use of the energy.
- Smart Mobility. Iberdrola considers electrification to be the most efficient and sustainable way to decarbonise transport and help the fight against climate change. The company´s Sustainable Mobility Plan includes a comprehensive Smart Mobility solution designed for Electrical Vehicle users. It offers:
- charging points (installation, control and management),
- a 100% green EV tariff (charging at home during the night: 100 km for 0,5€)
- access to charge away from home at Iberdrola public charging stations (powered by 100% renewable energy), supported by an Iberdrola App (Iberdrola Recarga Pública).
This solution is also available and tailored for commercial clients and local authorities (to manage EV fleets and offer EV charging to employees and customers). To deliver this, Iberdrola has drawn up agreements with local authorities, vehicle manufacturers and the providers of charging systems.
- Iberdrola Smart Solar promotes greater self-generated green energy consumption. The product includes the tailored installation of solar panels - with or without a home battery - comprehensive maintenance, production monitoring and easy payment plans.
This advanced solar solution lets any customer generate and use their own renewable power, and is designed for efficiency and convenience. It is available for residential and commercial customers.