Share it on:
By 2050, the EU electricity mix will be dominated by variable RES (wind, solar). As fossil fuels are progressively phased out, the challenge will be do develop firm and flexible capacity at large scale to deliver a reliable electricity supply to the power system. There are different options and technologies to provide flexibility.
In a new report, Eurelectric is exploring one such option, storage. Certain storage technologies have often been hailed as “silver bullets” in meeting challenges on the path to a net-zero economy (e.g. batteries, green hydrogen). The report highlights the potential, opportunities and challenges of storage in a context where there is no shortage of candidates to ensure security of supply.
Join us on 14 October to discuss:
- The role of storage in a system dominated by variable renewables (wind, solar)
- How much storage do we need in the system?
- What are the key storage technologies?
- Will the Clean Energy Package be enough to ensure investment in storage?
- What could be the impact of the Energy System Integration strategy?
- What recommendations could accelerate the uptake of storage in the system?
An event not to be missed, mark your calendars now!
Confirmed speakers include: